Learning Outside the classroom
We aim for the children to be immersed in an exciting and rich curriculum which features regular visits to our local forest This experience is incredibly exciting and allows our children to learn outside the classroom.
As part of our curriculum children will experience:
- Pond dipping and bug hunts in our habitat areas
- Music and drama performances
- Growing their own fruits and vegetables to taste and cook in our garden
- Have their imaginations ignited in our story telling chair by visits from storytellers
- Den building and team challenges at Forest School
- Toast marshmallows on open fires and making hot chocolate
Learning beyond the classroom is a huge part of life at Grace Cook and threads throughout our curriculum for all year groups and all the way through the years enabling our children to embed knowledge and skills over their entire learning journey at the school.